About Me

My photo
Portel, Para, Brazil
After over 40 years as a Christian, God called me to serve in Brazil as a missionary...a dream I had for 10 years, since my first visit to the Amazon. I am single again, and I have 2 wonderful children (and a terrific daughter-in-law), 9 grandchildren, and 2 great-granddaughters.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saying goodbye again...


Hortência and Nathália - two precious young women of God - lived with me at Friendship House for several months. Yesterday they left to return to their mother's house in Porto de Moz...and took a piece of my heart with them. Last night I cried; again this morning I cried...as I lifted them up to our Heavenly Father and asked Him to keep their hearts safe and their minds pure.

We had our ups and downs while they were here...love sometimes hurts, but it's always worth it. Rich Mullins once said, "Quite often, we extend love to people because we want to change them." He believed we ought to love for the sake of love, with no expectations. He said, "Even if a person fails to respond to our love, our kindness, or our forgiveness a thousand times, we are called to keep on loving."

The few times that the girls and I were at odds over rules of the house, I know I heard Abba Father say, "Just keep loving them." So that's what I did, and they will remain in my heart for the rest of my life. For them (and many others I love), I pray with Paul:

When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:16-18 NLT

Now, Father, who's next? Send more of your precious daughters for me to love on, please.

No comments: