About Me

My photo
Portel, Para, Brazil
After over 40 years as a Christian, God called me to serve in Brazil as a missionary...a dream I had for 10 years, since my first visit to the Amazon. I am single again, and I have 2 wonderful children (and a terrific daughter-in-law), 9 grandchildren, and 2 great-granddaughters.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Assassinas!

So...my life here is often laughable, but sometimes the laughter is a little painful! When I returned from my visit to the States, I learned that one of my dogs, Bella, had escaped from our yard and killed 5 of the neighbor's chickens!! FIVE!!! Very angry neighbor...costly mistake of leaving the gate unlatched...the neighbor lost 5 chickens, I lost R$100 to pay for them.

And remember my blog about nature at work (the dead kitten eaten by vultures)? Well, it turned out that my other dog, Minnie, was the one who killed the kitten!

So both our dogs are killers (assassinas in Portuguese), which means we all need to be more careful to keep the gate latched. And potential robbers beware!! (oh, I forgot...both dogs are very friendly with people!)

My missionary friend who gave me the dogs says it's a genetic thing...their parents like to kill chickens and other small animals, too. Great! The joke's on me!!

No comments: