About Me

My photo
Portel, Para, Brazil
After over 40 years as a Christian, God called me to serve in Brazil as a missionary...a dream I had for 10 years, since my first visit to the Amazon. I am single again, and I have 2 wonderful children (and a terrific daughter-in-law), 9 grandchildren, and 2 great-granddaughters.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Need for Worship

Just now I was listening to a podcast of Michael Hansen preaching at my home church in the USA on the subject of worship...what it is, what it isn't, why we do it, etc. I was convicted about what he called "our natural resistance to worship" and the self-focus or fear of man that can rob us of the joy of worship. (Listen for yourself at www.vineyardcdc.org/resources.shtml - it's a great message!)

As I listened, I was wishing Michael could come down here and preach the same message at our church (Igreja da Vinha Mirante - Mirante Vineyard). Our people haven't been very engaged in worship lately.


Suddenly, God gave me a vision of all these people I love (me included) wrapped in a sort of sleeping bag/snake costume. Each of us was zipped inside this costume, unable to move, unable to worship. We need God to unzip the snakeskins and set us free!

Then I heard a bird singing, and saw flowers blooming, and children playing, and thought, "How natural it is for God's creation to worship Him!" Make me a natural worshipper, too, Lord! Set me free!


No comments: