About Me

My photo
Portel, Para, Brazil
After over 40 years as a Christian, God called me to serve in Brazil as a missionary...a dream I had for 10 years, since my first visit to the Amazon. I am single again, and I have 2 wonderful children (and a terrific daughter-in-law), 9 grandchildren, and 2 great-granddaughters.

Monday, October 25, 2010

A New Roommate

Meet HortĂȘncia, my new roommate, who just turned 22. Early in September, she came to llve with me, and I've come to love her. She has such a sweet spirit, and loves the Lord!

HortĂȘncia came here from Porto de Moz to learn English, and to learn about CDR. She works at CDR, and is taking double the courseload of other students, hoping to learn English faster. One day she hopes to return to Porto and start a similar school there.

It is a joy to have her with me, and I miss her terribly when she visits her family.

No comments: